Monday, March 5, 2018

Germinating Lithops Seeds Day 9

When you are growing the lithops seeds, you know they are about to germinate or sprout when the seeds become very, very pointy at one end. The pointed end is where it will sprout its first greens. 

On my 9th day of how to grow lithops from seeds, I reached my 12% germination rate. That is 6 out of 50 seeds already germinated.

These seeds are from South Africa. 

Check out the Day 9 photos below. The close-up photos show the very pointy seeds that are about to sprout. 

I try to take photos from the same angle and distance as much as possible for comparison. Some seeds have moved when I added water. I noticed that the cotton is drying up and there is less water droplets in the afternoon, so I add about 2-3 tablespoons water on the sides only.








No comments:

Post a Comment